Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from a fresh recruit

Go down 
+5
Wildrose
Klyde
Blattu
Ichistarr
Hather
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

Greetings from a fresh recruit Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Good evening everyone,

I had the pleasure of meeting Zoltar whom "went out of the way" to help me in every way he could, he even gave me money even though I used his services!

After chatting for a short while he asked if I wanted to join and I accepted so here I am.

Thought I would say hello to you all and tell me a bit about myself. I am an "Oldschool" with computers in many way, I started with an ZX Spectrum back in the days, think it was 1985 possibly -84 and YES I am that old Wink

My first mmorpg was EnB that I even beta tested before playing, I played on Galileo server. Afte rthat I have played EVE, WoW, EVE again and some Lotro. A couple of weeks back I ran into the emulator homepage by pure accident and here I am.

I am a low level JE, 60 (15/26/19) and I also have a TE, TT and JD 32, 47 and 32 I think they are. Both unguilded and if allowed I would happily join your ranks with them.

I myself (male) am from Finland originally but moved to Sweden almost 5 years ago, I speak Swedish fluently (mothertongue), Finnish fairly well and english is my third language that I unfortunately do not get to practise live that much (meaning it has suffered a lot over the last years).

If you need any help, may it be ores, taxi services or similar please let me know.

I will try to read up on the forums the coming days to get up to date with things.

Is there something I need to know as a recruit?
What is expected from me?

May very well be posts about this but at first glance I didn't see any so that is why i am asking, might of course also be that I don't have access to the areas that members have Smile

I bid you are fare well and hope to see you online soon!

Hather
Back to top Go down
Ichistarr
Commander
Commander
Ichistarr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Hello Hather!

And Welcome to Voncorp Galactic Empire! We are happy to have you join the best guild on the server. I am very happy to see that Zoltar treated you well and then invited you to join us. I think you will find many helpful people here at VGE.

WE have raids to help our new guildies "gear up " and get the special stuff so be sure to investigate what you can do take part in the raids. Please don't hesitate to ask for help, builds, kills, whatever you need. Wow, does kills sounds bad? Well, we only kill the bad stuff that would kill us if they had a chance. Wait, we might kill some other stuff, but it's all legal. LOL

I hope you will download ventrilo and join us there as well .........IP 66.7.214.177 port 6117 We use ventrilo for raids and socializing, I think we even have a music room where you will find forestrike playing his tunes!

So thank you for taking the time to join and for taking the time to register here on the website. We hope you will enjoy your time with VGE!

Ichi Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:14 pm

welcome hather Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Klyde
Admin
Admin
Klyde

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome Hather!

I completely echo what Ichistarr said, well without the confusion anyway. Razz

Just holler when ya need anything we are here to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wildrose
Commodore
Commodore
Wildrose

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Welcome to the guild. The only thing I could add to Ichistarr's post to you would be that we currently allow 4 toons each into the guild. So if you have a main you prefer to play and 3 alts they are welcome to an invite. if at any time you have a 5th or 6th you would prefer to play and be in guild chat for a day you can ask for a temp invite for them, play and chat and when ready to log, remove said character from the guild. With that said I would like to say again, Welcome to the guild and do not hesitate to ask for anything from any VGE member, we are glad to help.
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:15 am

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Smile

Many of the names I see I have seen on the official forums and on the chats in game, I already feel warm and fuzzy Wink

Thinking of it I am very sure I have recieved help from Rose also Smile

I have 2 more toons, but I didn't mention them as I do not know what will come of their future. My main until last week was a PP that is now lvl 71 and I started a PW also that was 30, now 29...However they have been invlolved in several situations were there has been dataloss and game not saved properly. I promised Kyp to try and keep track and give as good data as possible to what have may caused this problem. Last situation occured last week and unfortunately I don't think my data is good enough to track the problem but until I get an ok I will not use the toons (This is why i was short on cash Zoltar, most of my money is on the PP, not much but still...). This might take some time Smile However I have no problem with the situation as this is a Stress test and all about tweaking and solving bugs.

Funny thing though after this happened I have had problems dualboxing, for example I tried running traderuns with my TT while mining on my JE yesterday and the second client kept on crashing and I wasn't able to dualbox at all. Maybe there is some tweaking going on. Think I will install the game on my laptop and use that for second client, any problems running the game on Vista? Still want to dualbox TE and TT grrr.

Is it possible to swap alts in guild later if I some day will start using the PP/PW again? I love them both, Progens 4tw Wink

Have a nice day everyone,

Hather
Back to top Go down
Vrixy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Vrixy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Heya Hather Welcome to VGE ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sleven
Recruit
Recruit
Sleven

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 am

Welcome aboard Mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Prrekoorb
Admiral
Admiral
Prrekoorb

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Welcome and hello .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm

I'm sorry. Hehe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Last but not least, Welcome you can call me Ever. Sometimes I really think of myself as 'the ghost in the machine' and as such I have a unusual tendency to make things happen. I'd like to see atleast one of your toons to the endgame position most of us oldtimers so enjoy herein nightly. Call on me anytime for development to that end.

Back to top Go down
Indianajones
Ensign
Ensign
Indianajones

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 am

welcome aboard hather!! see you on the other side lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fresh recruit   Greetings from a fresh recruit Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a fresh recruit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General-
Jump to: