Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AFK until beginning of April

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

AFK until beginning of April Empty
PostSubject: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:33 am

Greetings,

I will more or less be out of game until beginning of April. I am moving to a new city that will shorten my trip to work with more than half every day. Today I spend between 2-3 hours each day (depending on traffic) in car, after the move it should not be more than an hour.

Been going through stuff most of the day today and my apartment is a mess at the moment, stuff all over the place that needs to be put in boxes. I will be moving next week on Friday and Saturday and Sunday&Monday will be cleaning day in the old apartment and tring to get stuff in order in the new apartment.

Will most likely pop in to play an hour or so from time to time, when I get too bored with packing Smile

Internet shouldn't be a problem in the new apartment and it should be up and running before I move in, but as we all know nothing goes as planned, so time will tell hehe.

Any way, now to log in and play Smile
Back to top Go down
Klyde
Admin
Admin
Klyde

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:27 pm

Good plan. I used to drive 47 miles each way to work, the trip took 2.5 hrs each way due to traffic. I have never regretted leaving southern california. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

Why did I write "nothing goes as planned" in my original post...

Well my router&decoder card for TV did not arrive with the post yesterday or today as it was supposed to. As we have Easterholiday earliest next possibility is Tuesday next week, crossing my fingers...

Means I have more time to try and get things sorted in the new apartment hehe. I moved the first load of boxes today, unpacked them and drove back. Now it is time to fill the boxes again.

Furntiture will be moved on Saturday.

Anyway, over and out!
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:03 pm

lol i moved a 3 br house into a 4 room famrhouse
truck and trailer
at least 30 trips ( 18 miles)
it took like 3 months
(did it mostly by myself)
not bad for an old man Razz
Back to top Go down
Klyde
Admin
Admin
Klyde

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Old is right! Razz
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:14 am

Almost everything moved, most of the stuff has found its place. Still need to clean the old apartment but that will have to wait until next weekend.

Still a lot to do, mainly getting a table for the computer&accessories and buying a working washing machine.

Hoping that my decoder&router from my new ISP will arrive today....

Have a great one!
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 am

lmao!!
i had to purchase a new washing machine as the old one died
then run the wireing
then the plumbing
at least that shut her up for a few Razz

you'll get'er done hather cheers
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Auch Blattu, that caused a lot of work Sad

Found the Washing Machine I want now, will order it tomorrow. Found a new table at Ikea, will fetch it tomorrow. So soooon back in business.

Best news is that my decoder for TV and Router for internet has arrived Twisted Evil

FEAR, I am back!

Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:55 pm

Woot!!
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:19 am

Sad Bought my new table for the computer yesterday from Ikea. Picked up the boxes for table, frame and legs. Drove happily home and started to mount the table, just to notice that the box with the tablelegs only had one leg in it ARGH...

Turns out I was stupid and didn't notice that the package was supposed to ONLY have one leg in it. So I have to drive there again today to get one more leg, sigh.

Well life could be worse Smile
Back to top Go down
efialtis
Admiral
Admiral
efialtis

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:01 am

Please get 3 more legs as i have never seen a table on 2 legs lol!
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:07 am

LOL, they are so called t-legs Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:27 am

t legs are cool
but i prefer chickin legs Razz
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 am

mmm fried ones yummy.

Meh, why is there no KFC in Sweden Sad
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

no worries bro Cool

you guys got that cheese wit holes in it

and that chocolate....

and those blondes .....

ummm what were we talking about??
Back to top Go down
Sleven
Recruit
Recruit
Sleven

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:31 pm

My wife loves to go to Ikea whenever she gets a chance. She loves the cafeteria that they have there. She refers their meatballs as crackballs, because you can't get enough of them.
Back to top Go down
efialtis
Admiral
Admiral
efialtis

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Meatballs with some horse DNA? lol
Back to top Go down
Sleven
Recruit
Recruit
Sleven

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 2:07 pm

So it was horse DNA?!?!
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 am

LOL yeah, horse.

Long story short, some weeks backs a manufacturer of lasagne and other similar frozen "ready made food" was caught mixing horsemeat with other meat into the food. The declaration didn't mention anything about it containing horsemeat.

So all the stores selling that kind of food had to destroy all of these dishes. This lead to the fact that a lot of companies started to investigate what is in their food, along them also Ikea. Ikea along with several others pulled their meatballs and other stuff from the menus and frozen food departments as they found out it also contained traces of horsemeat.

Not sure where all of this stuff was produced though, I know some was in UK and some in eastern Europe.

And yes the meatballs they have are actually quite ok Smile

As a sidenote, horsemeat is actually very good meat, in many countries considered to be the best even. Problem is that horses can be treated with certain medicine that is not good for humans. As the food hadn't been ordered with horsemeat in it, they couldn't take the chance in case it contained traces of certain medicine also, thus it had to be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
efialtis
Admiral
Admiral
efialtis

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 2:58 am

Human doping through horse doping Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Blattu
Commodore
Commodore
Blattu

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Klyde
Admin
Admin
Klyde

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm still wondering why they sold you a table with only one leg, t-leg or not. lol
Back to top Go down
Hather
Ensign
Ensign
Hather

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Ikea is like a big showroom when it comes to furniture. You find what you want and then you go to the "warehouse" and pick up the parts yourself.

I wasn't careful enough and took wrong amount of "tableleg packages".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFK until beginning of April   AFK until beginning of April Empty

Back to top Go down

AFK until beginning of April
Page 1 of 1